But that was a few years ago. WIM has grown into so much more than that. On this site you’ll find playlists, interviews, reviews, concert photos, and features on albums (and other stuff) from my personal collection. And as for those stories from a personal soundtrack? They’re still cooking along, each one numbered so that you can read in sequence if you choose. The Creative Non-Fiction page will help you navigate that.
Meanwhile, I’ve spilled over the boundaries of WIM a little bit since this little exercise began. Here are some other places you can find me:
- I moonlight as an executive editor/arts and entertainment editor at The Good Men Project Magazine, and I write regularly for them. Drop by and take a look.
- Under The Gum Tree has been great to me, publishing a couple of pieces in their print edition and welcoming me to read at a couple of their functions
- The Boomtown Rats picked up this interview with art director Alan Schmidt
- You can catch a short one about a father and son airplane ride on Airplane Reading.
- If you were ever terrorized in the back of a muscle car or soothed your broken heart to Yacht Rock, you’ll enjoy this piece at The Write Room.
- Training bras, lusty teens, and a cool Snoopy lunch box. All part of this little story at Red Fez.
- “Out to the Air Above,” a short story, appeared in eChapbooks’ “Work” anthology.
- “Bewitched,” a creative non-fiction piece about my introduction to the workplace, appeared in Work Magazine.
- The AARP picked up this piece about how what I find attractive has aged along with me.
If you’d like to get in touch for any reason, my door is always open. Feel free to contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
You can also follow me on Twitter: @jamesostafford.